Vegan Egg Muffins
Planning out your meals is key to saving money, avoiding food wastage and achieveing your goals!
So why not plan out even just your breakfast this week and try out this easy option. These cheat egg muffins are a delicious savoury alternative to the usual eggs or savoury oats, so I hope you like them just as much as me. Get creative with this recipe and sub the add ins for your favourite things like diced tofu, feta, roast butternut squash (recommend), courgette etc. If you’re wondering what nutritional yeast is, well it’s amazing, I add it to tones of my veggie dishes to add a cheesy flavour with added benefits and no huge calorie boost. I get mine in health store it’s a cheap product but you could sub for a vegan Parmesan.
Cooks in 35 Minutes
- 150g chickpea flour
- 150 ml dairy free milk (Coconut, Almond or Oat)
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 4 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 large sprigs of thyme (leaves torn off or 2 tbsp. dried thyme)
- 1 tbsp. dried mixed herb
- 4 tbsp. mixed seeds- I used pumpkin and sunflower
- 120g semi sundried tomatoes chopped
- 1 small sweet potato grated or carrot
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch sea salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 190°C
- In a bowl, combine the chickpea flour, spices, herbs and baking agent.
- Pour in the apple cider vinegar and coconut milk.
- Stir in the olive oil, grated veg, sundried tomatoes and nutritional yeast, salt and pepper (or other vegan cheese sub).
- Spoon into greased or lined muffin cases (roughly 2 tbsp. of mix in each).
- Bake for 25-30 min until golden on top and firm to tap.