A flu fighting chilli, this turkey dish is packed full of spices and natural flavours for an awesome chilli kick! A simple dish to make with very little prep work and cooking time, so when you arrive in from these dark cold evenings you know whats going to be on the dinner menu!
Cooks in Minutes
- 500g turkey breast mince
- 1 large brown onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 red chilli
- 1 green chilli
- tsp tumeric
- tsp cumin
- tbsp chilli powder
- tbsp oregano
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- tin chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup of water
- Handful of chopped coriander
- 2 courgettes- I used 1 yellow & 1 green
- or buckwheat/Wakame/Brown rice noodles- available Tesco & health stores
- Brown off the turkey mince in a large sauce pot.
- Place in a bowl aside and add in the garlic, chopped chills and onion with some coconut oil and brown until softened.
- Add back in the turkey mince and cook for 5 minutes stirring.
- Stir in the spices, & water.
- Add in the puree, tomatoes and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Using a spiralizer or if your like me and don’t have one you can buy a julienne peeler- cheap & cheerful and available in supermarkets and kitchen appliance stores. Spiralize your courgette-including the skin. Put a little oil on the pan and flash fry your courgette until softened, season to your liking. Drizzle over olive oil.