A light a zingy dessert perfect after a homemade meal! This is an easy all in one mix, the important thing is to leave the cake sit and cool after the hour in the oven as it finishes cooking in the middle but also keeps a little moist, it’s a fine balance! Enjoy this with the frosting or a dollop of coconut yogurt!
Cooks in Minutes
- 8′ ROUND TIN
- 400g ground almond
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 4 tbsp coconut cream from a can- 1 can full fat coconut milk refrigerate, it will separate and scoop out the hard white cream
- 3 tbsp stevia- granulated
- Juice of 3 lemons
- Juice of 1 orange
- 1 can full fat coconut milk-refrigerate and separated
- 1 tbsp stevia
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Place all the ingredients into a food processor and blend into a smooth batter.
- Pour into a lined 8” round tin and place in the oven for 1 hour. Cover with tin foil after the first 40 minutes.
- Remove and let cool for a full hour, its in this time that the cake will firm up and do last bit of cooking, so try not to launch in! The cake will be soft, airy and moist this way!
- Using the hardened cream from the coconut milk can, remove and place in a bowl.
- Whisk in the melted coconut oil add stevia until combined fully. Place aside in the fridge until ready to use, lather each slice as being served.