The Virtuous Viscount
The viscount, a staple biscuit of our youth and a reminder of home comforts! I will warm you the mint layer is addictive by itself, there will be a little left over but save it to spread extra on top for a seriously minty sensation!
- Dairy Free
- Gluten Free
Cooks in Minutes
- 2 cups almond flour
- 3 tbsp coconut oil – at room temperature
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp maple syrup/raw honey
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla powder or 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Pinch sea salt
- 4 tbsp coconut purée or Raw Virgin coconut oil
- 1 tbsp raw honey/maple
- 1/2 capful of spearmint or peppermint extract
- <70% dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 180ºC
- Start with the base. Using your hands rub the coconut oil in with the flour until its almost like fine crumbs.
- Add the rest of your base ingredients and mix using your hands. It should be a wet dough.
- Prepare your wooden board or clean surface for cutting your biscuits.
- Sprinkle some almond flour, then fold the dough a couple of times.
- Pat down the dough to 1/2 inch thick and using a cutter make your cookies.
- Using your thumb make a well in the centre of the biscuit but be careful not to pierce the whole way through.
8. Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes
9. In a bowl place all the ingredients for the mint layer and using the back of a spoon mix until completely smooth.
10. Once the biscuits have cooled fully, fill the thumb prints with the mint paste and dip into the melted dark chocolate.
11. Place in the fridge until hardened.