The Pop that Goes Crunch – Breakfast Cereal
This brings a whole new meaning to snap, crackle and pop! I love making granolas, this one is naturally gluten free, offering lots of different textures, flavours and biting sensations…. who knew you could make breakfast sound so good? I serve my bowl with ether some coyo (coconut yogurt) or some brown rice milk (don’t diss tip you try it). Of course you can make alterations with toppings these are only my top rated. Keeps fresh for up to a week in a concealed jar or container.
Gluten free, Vegan, Dairy Free
Cooks in Minutes
- 1 cup buckwheat groats
- 2 cups quinoa pops
- 1 cup nuts – I used half hazelnuts & almonds
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- tsp nutmeg
- 2 star anise (optional)
- 1 tbsp vanilla powder
- 4 tbsp honey/coconut nectar/maple (for vegan)
- tbsp bee pollen
- 3 tbsp goji berries
- 3 tbsp raw mulberries
- 2 tbsp cacao nibs
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- PREHEAT OVEN TO 170ºC
- Mix all the granola dry ingredients together.
3. Melt the honey an pour over and stir in well.
4. Bake for 35-40 minutes tossing every 10 minutes, until golden brown all over.
5. Let cool, and stir in the toppings.