The Best Chocolate Vegan Bread
Chocolate bread….. spongey inside with a nice crispy crust! This bread is a weekly bake up now since I first started testing it back in September – I know serious back log. Anyway it
encapsulates everything I love about baking – we’ve got some sneaky veg added in, the taste is so good and it’s easy to make. There’s a demo of this recipe over on my YouTube so don’t forget to check it out before you put that apron on- so you know exactly what every step looks like!
Serves 1 loaf
Cooks in 30 Minutes
- 200g oats
- 5 tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 small-medium courgette (ends removed)
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp. milled flaxseed mixed with 7 tbsp. of water soaked for 15-20 minutes)
- 5 tbsp. cacao powder
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 80g chocolate chips (vegan or dark chips)
- Pinch Sea Salt
- Prepare a 1lbs bread tin- lined and greased.
- Set the oven mark to 180°c
- Start by milling your oats in a food processor or nutri bullet.
- Next grate your courgette & melt your coconut oil.
- In a large bowl add all the ingredients and stir until the batter in completely brown and all ingredients mixed well.
- Stir in the coconut chips.
- Tip the mix into the lined tin and gently even out the top.
- Bake for 50 minutes.
- Remove and let cook for 15-20 minutes before diving in. Best stored in an airtight container- lasts 4 days.