Tahini Protein Bars
A new kind of protein energy bar to get you through a long day! This bar comprises of all elements to give you that natural boost while being sweet, chewy, crunchy and importantly -transportable! These can be kept in an airtight container for 7 days in the refrigerator to stay fresh however, they don’t need to be kept in the fridge for example if you take them with you in a bag or on a bike all day they will be perfectly fine.
Cooks in 45 Minutes
- 100g Cashews
- 100 Almonds
- 10 Medjool Dates Pitted
- 2 tbsp. Tahini
- 4 Egg Whites
- 400g Ground Almond
- 50g Dark Chocolate to Garnish
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Place the cashews and almonds into a food processor and blitz to break them up in halves and quarters( 1-2 minutes)Pour out into a bowl.
- Place the medjool dates into a food processor and blend into a smooth paste.
- Spoon in the tahini, ground almond and egg whites blending for a further minute.
- Tip this mix into the chopped nuts and stir to combine fully.
- Press into a lined baking tin 8” brownie tin.
- Bake for 30 minutes until golden brown on top.
- Remove and let cool for 30 minutes before cutting.