Courgette & Avocado Soup
A delicious and quick soup to whip up to get your fill of greens and healthy fats. Growing up my Aunt used to make the best courgette soup although her base was a thick roux sauce, I have substituted with avocados for a healthier creaminess.
Cooks in 30 Minutes
- 1 Brown Onion Diced
- tbsp. Coconut Oil
- 2 Cloves of Garlic (chopped finely)
- 4 sticks of Celery (diced)
- 4 Courgettes (diced)
- 600ml Good Quality Vegetable Stock (or use a bouillon – I used Dr.Coys)
- 2 Ripe Avocados
- Salt & Pepper to Season
- Parsley & Avocado Oil to Garnish
- In a large saucepan over medium heat add the coconut oil, once melted and gentle sizzling toss in the onion.
- Place on the lid and sweat the onion for 6 minutes until tender and almost translucent.
- Add the garlic and celery stirring and cooking for 3-4 minutes.
- Toss in the courgette and cook for 3 minutes before adding in the stock.
- Stir for a moment and plan on the lid to let simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and transfer to a food processor along with the avocado and blend until creamy and smooth.