Tahini, Dark Chocolate & Fig Bars
It can sometimes be hard to find healthy lunch box snacks for kids but these tahini, chocolate and fig bars are a great snack for kids – packed with protein and healthy fats. The bars are easy to make and last up to 12 days refrigerated so you can have them prepped in advance, saving you time. The mixture of seeds, figs and dark chocolate guarantees your kids will love these!
Cooks in 120+ Minutes
- 200g soft figs
- 150g mixed seeds
- 1 tbsp. vanilla seeds or powder
- 2 level tbsp. tahini
- 1 tbsp. maple
- 70g dark chocolate (I used Lindt 90% but for vegan or dairy free options, check out Iswari, Moo Free, LoveChoc, Seed & Bean and some of Aine’s handmade chocolate range that are suitable)
- Place all the ingredients into a food processor and blend until there is little trace of figs left and just small fragments of seeds visible – it should be a thick sticky paste.
- Press this mix down into a lined bread tin and place in the freezer for 3-4 hours until solid.
- Remove from the freezer, using a strong knife, slice into fingers carefully (don’t loose any fingers!)
- Melt the chocolate. Dip half of each bar into the melted dark chocolate and place back into the fridge or freezer to set.
- Store in the fridge. These last up to 12 days if refrigerated.