Have a sourdough loaf that’s kind of on its last legs and you won’t get through it in time?
Give it a new lease of life as a tasty crouton!
Serves 4 portions
Cooks in 15 Minutes
• 2 large thick cut slices of sourdough
• 2 tbsp. olive oil
• 1 tbsp. fired oregano
• pinch of sea salt
• Preheat oven to 190°C
• Start by cutting the sourdough slices roughly into large chunks
• Place on a baking tray. Drizzle over the oil and using your hands rub the pieces of bread into the oil covering all sides of the bread.
• Toss over the dried oregano and toss the bread to cover in the herbs.
• Bake for 12 minutes until golden and crispy on the outside.
• Let cool fully to get that crunch.
• Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days.