Carrot & Lentil Thai Style Soup
You can never have enough soup recipes especially this time of year!
Serves 3-4 portions
Cooks in 30 Minutes
• 1 tbsp. olive oil
• 1 brown onion peeled and diced finely
• 2 cloves of garlic peeled and crushed
• 1.5 tbsp Thai curry paste
• 5 carrots peeled and diced (or washed & scrubbed very well you don’t have to peel!)
• 120g red split lentils (washed through a sieve)
• 600ml veggie stock
• 400ml coconut milk (I used innocent dairy free coconut) for a creamier soup you can used tinned coconut!)
• Salt and pepper to garnish as desired
• Topped here with coriander, coconut flakes & sesame seeds
1. In a large saucepan add the olive oil and onion over medium heat. Stir and place the lid on and sweat for 4-6 minutes until the onion is soft and translucent (this time will depend on how small you diced the onion).
2. Add the garlic and curry paste and stir, turn the heat up and cook for 30 seconds.
3. Add in the carrots, lentils & stock, bring the pot to boil.
4. Once boiling, lower the heat a little to allow the pot to simmer for 15 minutes until the carrot is tender & lentils cooked. The liquid will have mostly been absorbed with just a little remaining so the bottom of the saucepan should be fine.
5. Add in the coconut and stir. Leave over the heat for 1 -2 minutes.
6. Remove from the heat and purée until smooth.
7. Season with salt and pepper.