Roz’s Chocolate Orange
Sometimes simplicity is the best recipe, taking the traditional marriage of flavours; orange and chocolate these are a no fuss, simple and fast treat to wipe up. However, they look and taste quiet impressive. The texture of the cold hard chocolate matches perfectly with the creamy & light mousse inside. If your like myself and you fancy a bit more orange bite, grate some orange zest through your melted chocolate. Enjoys these little gems, and remember its not Terry’s chocolate orange…..
Serves 12 chocolates
Cooks in Minutes
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 1/2 juice of an orange
- 1 tbsp honey/maple
Raw chocolate or melt good quality dark chocolate <75%
- 1/2 cup cacao
- 1/2 cup cacao butter
- 4 tbsp maple/honey
Make your chocolate
- Melt the cacao butter, over low heat, add in all other ingredients and stir until fully dissolved.
- Using a teaspoon spread your top coat of melted chocolate in your moulds (leaving some for covering later)
- Place in freezer/fridge until hardened.
Make your orange chocolate cream
- Place all ingredients in a blender and mix until pureed.
- Spoon roughly 1/2 teaspoon of orange chocolate cream in each mould and cover with the rest of your melted chocolate, place back in the freezer until hardened once more.