Quick Savoury Granola
I love savoury granola to add a bit more crunch to egg dishes, salads and more. You can bump up the intensity by adding in a little more of each spice or try your favourite herb mixes like rosemary and thyme or tarragon. Don’t be afraid to get creative and create a savoury granola recipe with your own twist! You can also make this in the oven if its easier as you would with regular granola recipe.
Serves 1 large jar
Cooks in 15 Minutes
- 200g jumbo oats
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 100g mixed seeds
- 60g broken cashews
- 1 tsp. cayenne
- 3/4 tsp. turmeric
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 3 tbsp. tamari
- 3 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- Pinch sea salt
- Prepare a skillet over medium to hight heat, once heated add in the oil.
- Toss in the oats, nuts and seeds and stir constantly to toast for 7-8 minutes. The seeds will pop so watch out that you don’t get any in the face 🙂
- Sprinkle in the spices and stir to combine well.
- Next add in the tamari and stir and cook for another 2 minutes.
- The granola should be golden toasted all over, the seeds and nuts super crunchy – have a taste to check!
- Remove from the heat and stir in the nutritional yeast and salt.
- Serve over eggs, salads, sweet potato and more!