Quick Cashew Chicken & Broccoli Bake
An awesome dish for these dark nights, the comfort factor is right up there! And do you want to know the best thing? It doesn’t take that long to whip up. All you have to do to is remember to soak the cashews before you head of on your day’s adventures and pick up a pack of Greene Farms torn chicken on the way home! The cashew sauce gives a cheesy mash potato effect with the crunchy nuts to coat it’s a serious texture experience!
what you will need;
A small casserole dish, a food processor or nutribullet.
Cooks in Minutes
- 1 pack Greene farms torn Chicken
- 1/2 head of broccoli cut into bite size pieces.
- 100g asparagus tips
- 150g cashews
- tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 250ml veg/chicken stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- 50g almonds roughly chopped
- 40g milled flaxseed
- tbsp. olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200°C
- Set the cashews in a bowl and cover with water, let soak for at least 5 hours.
- Once soaked, give them a good rinse and transfer to a food processor.
- Along with the cashews place in the nutritional yeast, coconut oil and stock, blend until a creamy sauce forms with no lumps or bumps!
- Steam the broccoli and asparagus for 4-5 minutes so they are still hold a little crunch.
- Place the torn chicken evenly along the baking dish likewise with the broccoli.
- Pour over the cashew sauce and sprinkle with the topping mix and drizzle with the Olive Oil.
- Place in the oven for 15 minutes.