Pesto Baked Tuna Balls
Pesto Baked Tuna Balls are a deliciously healthy and easy meal to prepare for lunch or dinner. Why not get the kids to help prepping this recipe and make them for packed lunches? I served mine with some tasty homemade natural red pepper hummus.
Serves 10 balls
Cooks in 30 Minutes
- 6 x 92g tins tuna drained
- 3 tbsp. pesto (pesto of preference I love the happy pear pesto)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 70g pumpkin seed or seed mix (pumpkin and sunflower) – milled using a food processor or Nutri Bullet into flour texture
- 1 Organic egg
Sweet Red Hummus
- 1 Roasted red pepper (fresh or from a jar)
- 1 tin chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp. tahini
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne
- 1 tsp. maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- In a mixing bowl add the drained tuna, mash up thoroughly using a fork.
- Add in the olive oil, pesto, milled seeds and egg. Combine and let chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Roll into balls and place on a lined tray and bake for 20 minutes at 200°C.
- Remove and Let Cool for 5-10 minutes to get a little crispy.
- To make the hummus dip, add all the ingredients into a food processor or nutribullet and blend until creamy and completely smooth.