Peanut Butter Pad Thai Style Noodles
When my favourite tofu Pad Thai meets peanut buttery noodles it’s a combination that keeps you coming back for more.
Soft noodles wrapped in the tangy creamy peanut butter sauce with crispy onion, crunchy carrot, it’s a bowl bursting with flavour and textures that have me honestly mouth-watering and tummy rumbling as I type this. The recipe was made using Irish brand, LifeForce Peanut butter.
This is a sponsored post.
Serves 2 -3 portions depending on the household
Cooks in 30 Minutes
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 portions rice noodles of choice
- 1 clove of garlic peeled and crushed
- 1 “of ginger grated
- 60g bean sprouts
- 1 carrot washed and grated
- 200g firm tofu
- 2 spring onions washed and diced
- 1 handful diced chives
- 1 handful roasted peanuts
- 1 handful crispy onions
- 2 tbsp LifeForce peanut butter crunchy or smooth will work here
- Juice 1 lime
- 2 tbsp tamari or soya sauce
- 6 tbsp coconut milk/ non-dairy milk
- For the sauce, combine all the ingredients until a smooth.
- Cook the rice noodles as per instructions on the pack.
- While they are cooking, in a deep-frying pan add the olive oil, garlic, ginger and tofu and cook for 3-4 minutes tossing to brown the tofu.
- Add the bean sprouts and carrot, cooking for 1 minute (adding oil if you need).
- Toss in the noodles, sauce, and stir.
- Divide into bowls and sprinkle over the chives, spring onion, coriander (if you like it) crispy onion and peanuts.