Nutty Breakfast Bites
I am endlessly searching for something to replace my cereal cravings, these nutty bites have a nice crunch to them and are great for snacking on during the day without milk/yogurt. Along with my quinoa granola & clever coco pops, these simple bites offer yet another reason not to skip the most important meal of the day and urge you to kick the day off to a healthy start. They also last well if stored correctly so it can be prepared for the week ahead, if you can resist on having a second bowl!
Serves 3 medium sized bowls
Cooks in Minutes
- 2 cups nuts- I used 1 cup pecans &1 cup cashews
- 1 cup of seeds- I used half pumpkin/half sunflower
- 1.1/2 cups of gluten free oats/quinoa flakes
- 2 bananas
- 3 tbsp maple/honey
- 2 heaped tbsp almond butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Mash up the bananas, mix in the honey, nut butter and cinnamon.
- Pour in the nuts,seeds and oats and combine well.
- Place on parchment paper on flat tray.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, check after every 5 minutes and give them a stir.
- They should be golden brown clusters when ready, let cool & serve with your favourite milk – recommend coconut milk!
- Great for storing **just make sure to use a zip lock bag or airtight lunchbox container (when the bites have fully cooled down to avoid condensation).