Baked Oat & Pecan Bars
These bars are the perfect snack -for the bike or any active lifestyle! Once wrapped up in a bit of tinfoil they don’t melt, crumble or turn soggy! The dates give a great sweet flavour whilst the pecans give a little crunch texture, I like spice in mine but they’re great ether way.
Serves 6 large bars
Cooks in Minutes
- 2 cups of gluten free oats
- 1 cup of Medjool dates pitted (about 200g)
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1 cup pecans (break into pieces)
**optional extras- spiced oat bars
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- Preheat oven 200ºC
- Place the oats in a food processor and blend until a flour forms, remove and place in a bowl.
- In the food processor pour in the coconut water and Medjool dates, blend until a smooth caramel forms. Add a pinch of sea salt & spices if using.
- Mix the date caramel with the oat flour until its fully combined (it should look like a heavy paste)
- Stir in the pecans.
- Spoon into a lined baking tray and press down using back of spoon to create a level top.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes, keeping an eye on them. They should look nice and crisp on top, and still a little moist on the inside.
- Let sit overnight or at least 30 min on a wire rack or plate :).