Christmas dinner wouldn’t be complete without this delicious Nut Roast. This satisfying dish is bursting with flavour!
Cooks in 60+ Minutes
• 1 tbsp. oil
• 1 onion peeled and diced finely
• 2 cloves of garlic peeled and crushed
• 1 sprig of rosemary
• 1 tsp. mixed spice
• 1 x tin mixed beans
• 200g chestnuts
• 300g mixed nuts
• 50g cranberry sauce
• 100ml vegetable stock
• Preheat oven 190ºC
• In a pan add the oil and chopped onion. Sauté for 3-4 minutes until the onion becomes golden and soft.
• Add the garlic, rosemary and mixed spice and cook for 1 minute.
• In a large food processor add half 150g of the mixed nuts and 100g of the chestnuts. Pulse into a bread crumb texture.
• Add in all the rest of the ingredients and pulse into a thick chunky dough. There should be still small bits of nuts and chestnuts visible.
• Spoon the dough into a lined bread tin and bake for 1 hour. ( cover with foil for the last 20 not to brown the top too much). After the hour the top should be hard and crispy.
• Leave cool fully to set before slicing. I would prepare the loaf the day before to give it enough time to cool. Served cold or reheated ( if you’re reheating for the dinner table I recommend slicing the loaf ( once its cooled overnight) and placing it in the oven for 10 minutes. However my favourite way of eating it is cold.