Can there ever be enough granola recipes? The ultimate meal prep for breakfast, smart snacks or to top off your favourite bowl of porridge or fruit. This Chocolaty granola is the perfect recipe for anyone whose trying to dodge conventional sugary breakfasts or snacks.Store in an airtight container for up to 10 days.
Serves 5 portions
Cooks in 20 Minutes
- 200g Jumbo Oats
- 150g Hazelnuts
- 2 tbsp. Raw Cacao Powder
- 3 tbsp. Maple Syrup
- 2 tbsp. Coconut Oil
- 1 tbsp. Almond Butter or Hazelnut Butter
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 40g Cacao Nibs
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Essence
- Pinch Sea Salt
- 1 ripe Pear (cored & sliced)
- 1 tbsp. Maple
- 1 tsp. Mixed Spice
- 1 tsp Coconut Oil
- Preheat oven to 170°C
- Start by placing the hazelnuts on a roasting tray and bake for 12 minutes until they are browned and the skin is lifted.
- Using a tea towel rub off the hazelnut skins (or you could buy them pre roasted with skins removed).
- Divide the hazelnuts in half. In a pestle and mortar crush one half of the hazelnuts into small pieces and the other half roughly crush into halves for chunkier bits or leave whole.
- In a large mixing bowl add your oats, cacao powder and cinnamon.
- In a small saucepan melt the coconut oil, stir in the maple syrup, nut butter and vanilla essence.
- Pour over the oats and combine well.
- Toss over onto a lined baking tray and spread evenly, if you want it in clusters take sections and press them together. Add your dry ingredients to the mix.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes tossing half way through, until evenly toasted.
- Leave to cool for 10 minutes especially if you are making clusters.
Serve with Maple Spiced Pears & Porridge
- In a small frying pan over medium to high heat, add the coconut oil.
- Once melted add in the sliced pear stirring occasionally for 2-3 minutes, until wilted and lightly golden on both sides.
- Add the spices and maple and cook for a further minute.