NBF Mega Brownies
Brownies are something that pops up a lot on the blog and for a very good reason. I might have a brownie addiction! I’m constantly experimenting with new recipes because you can never have enough. Hopefully you can find a brownie recipe on my blog that suits your taste buds, budget, your diet and what you have your kitchen press! I had a nice little stash of Dr.Coys chocolate bars in my press so, I used them in this recipe and they were awesome, thanks to the hint of raspberry & coconut in them.
Cooks in 120 Minutes
- 70g chocolate – I used Dr.Coys raspberry & also their coconut flavour for a separate batch!
- 60g almond butter
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 4 tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 18g coconut flour
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp xantham gum/guar gum/gluten free baking powder
- 70g chocolate
- 3 tbsp coconut cream (you can buy this in small 80ml tins or you can use 1 can full fat coconut milk and separate your self) – guidelines below
- Preheat oven 180°C
- Brownie Tin – 6×4 “
- Start by Melting the coconut oil and whisking the eggs, place to one side.
- Melt the chocolate in a stainless steel or glass bowl over boiling water, add in the almond butter and combine into a creamy smooth sauce. Remove from the heat.
- Next stir in the melted coconut oil, eggs, maple, vanilla and baking powder into a smooth batter.
- Lastly stir in the coconut flour- don’t over mix just enough that there is none still visible.
- Pour into a lined brownie tin.
- Bake for 22-23 minutes until firm on top but nice and moist in the middle. Let the brownies cool for 5-10 minutes.
- For the Ganache, if you are using the can of coconut milk- place in the freezer for 30 minutes or fridge for 1.5 hours until the liquid separates.
- Once you open the can there should be a hard white cream and then a liquid- take 3 tbsp. of the hard cream for the ganache (don’t throw away the rest of the can you could use this in smoothies or to make overnight oats)
- Melt the chocolate and stir in the coconut cream -the chocolate will thicken.
- Spread over the brownies and let set.