Want a low calorie, centre stage dessert? Look no further than this meringue wreath! A guilt free delight! I recommend making the meringue wreath in advance or the night before as the cooking time is long!
Cooks in Minutes
- 6 egg whites
- 1 tbsp apple cider Vinegar
- 2 1/2 granulated Stevia
- 1 1/2 tbsp cornflour
- 250g greek yogurt or Coconut Yogurt
- 250g mixed berries
- 8-10 fresh mint leaves
- Preheat oven to 100°C Conventional setting
- Add the egg whites into a clean, large mixing bowl.
- Beat them on medium speed with an electric hand whisk until stiff, think fluffy clouds!
- Turn the speed up and add in the rest of the ingredients starting with the vinegar, then cornflour and add the stevia 1 tbsp at a time.
- The mixture should be thick and glossy!
- Prepare a flat baking tray with some parchment paper, a clever thick is to use a saucepan as a stencil and draw out a wreath before spooning out the meringue mixture! We don’t want any wobbly wreaths!
- Place in the oven for 2 and a half hours , no peeking!
- Once baked, turn off the oven and let sit in there for another 30 minutes before removing.
- Don’t assemble until you are ready to serve, Start by placing a dollop of the yogurt along the middle of the cake.
- Toss over the berries and mint leaves to finish.