Almond, Orange & Cranberry Raw Chocolate Bar
People often wonder why I never eat chocolate bars, why would I when its so easy to make your own. You can create so many fun and seasonal flavours, Ive given the basic recipe here so make sure you try out your very own versions using your favourite fillings! I recommend making extra of the toasted almonds…. they’re awesome!
VEGAN, DAIRY FREE, GLUTEN FREE, REFINED SUGARFREE, PALEO
Cooks in Minutes
Bar Basic Recipe
- 140g raw cacao butter, chopped
- 45g raw cacao powder
- 4–5 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 20g dried cranberries
- 15g raisins
- 1/2 small orange- grated in thick cut.
- 25g whole almonds
- Prepare a 2 Ibs bread tin with some parchment paper.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Start by preparing the almonds, add 1 tbsp of maple into a bowl along with the cinnamon and nutmeg, toss in the almonds and combine well until they are all covered in the maple syrup. Place on a lined baking tray and toast in the oven for 11 minutes, let cool.
- To make the raw chocolate, melt the cacao butter in a small saucepan over a low heat. Add the cacao powder, maple syrup, ginger and vanilla, remove the pan from the heat and stir until fully combined.
- Pour into the lined bread tin, sprinkling over the cranberries, raisins,orange peel and toasted almonds.Place in the fridge for 1 hour until hard. Keep refrigerated in between nibbles!