Lemongrass & Parsnip Soup
Battling with a cold all week the comfort of warm soups was my only saviour. I love roast parsnips their texture starchy like potatoes and lemongrass, well I had a huge bunch in the fridge haha. I have been making lots of curry’s lately and have gained a real like for lemongrass and it distinctive flavour . I posted this on my instagram where I served it with diced chorizo, this was pretty good but of course it doesn’t need the extra garnish!
Cooks in Minutes
- 3 parsnips
- 2 medium carrots
- 2 tsp irish local honey/manuka
- 2 onions
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 2″ piece of ginger
- 2 stalks of Lemongrass
- tsp Cinnamon
- Handful coriander leaves
- 4 Kaffir lime leaves
- 3 cups water
- Tbsp veg bouillon – I use Dr.Coys bouillon
- 1 can coconut milk
- Peel and dice the carrots & parsnips, drizzle with a little honey and salt and pepper.
- Roast for 25 minutes until lightly golden and a little soft.
- In a large saucepan sweat the onions, garlic, ginger until soft (try not burn or brown too much).
- Stir in the spices, coriander and diced lemongrass, cook for 4–5 minutes.
- Add in the water and a large tbsp of vegetable bouillon with the roasted carrots, parsnips and kaffir leaves.
- Bring to boil and let simmer for 20 minutes over low heat.
- Remove the kaffir leaves.
- Blend in a high speed blender until smooth.
- It should be very thick let cool a little before whisking in the coconut milk until there are no bits or separation.