INSOMNIA X NBF CHOCOLATE MACAROONS
To launch the brand new medium roast ,single origin coffee coming to INSOMNIA they have asked me to create a recipe to enjoy with this new smooth and delicious coffee – a guilt free treat at that. When I was thinking of what I would create I wanted it to tie in with the flavours of the coffee itself and the coffees background. For some who may not know I used to live in Colombia and one of my favourite treats over there was a cocadas so what better treat to serve up than a traditional Colombia treat with it s own Natural Born Feeder twist. As you can see from the recipe below there are few ingredients and no added BS! Even though these are so so easy to make as you can see here the good news is you can go grab one to try in an INSOMNIA near you with their brand new coffee – how exciting! Make sure when you go try it you let us know over on social!
This is a sponsored post in collaboration with Insomnia
Cooks in 30 Minutes
- 250g desiccated coconut
- 2 eggs whisked with a fork
- 3 tbsp. cacao powder
- 4 tbsp. honey
- pinch sea salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 70g dark chocolate melted
- In a large mixing bowl combine all the ingredients and mix together well until all the coconut has turned into a chocolatey colour.
- Taking sections using your hands or a spoon, shape into balls and place on a lined baking tray.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes (16 minutes usually) until golden and crispy around the edges.
- Drizzle in the melted chocolate and set aside (or to the fridge) to harden up.