Honey Pears with Orange and Vanilla Cashew Cream
Pears wouldn’t normally be my first choice when I want some fruit or when I’m thinking of what to have for dessert but these honey caramelized pears are a simple yet delicious dessert that will get your mouth watering and have you wanting more. Served with a dollop of orange and vanilla cashew cream for a richly-flavored variation on poached pears.
Cooks in 20 Minutes
- 4 ripe pears (cut in halves, lengthways)
- 4 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil (melted)
- 2 handfuls of mixed nuts
For the Cashew Cream
- 200g cashew nuts (soaked overnight in water)
- 1 orange (juice and zest)
- 1 tsp. vanilla essence (or 2 pods)
- 2 tbsp. honey
- Rinse and drain the cashews, before placing in a blender with the juice of an orange, honey and vanilla and blending to create a smooth cream.
- Place the pear halves onto a baking tray.
- Mix the honey and coconut oil and drizzle over the pears.
- Place in the oven to bake for 40 minutes at 200°C until slightly wilted and golden around the edges.
- Add the mixed nuts to the tray and toast for the last 10 minutes. Once the nuts are toasted and lightly browned, crush up into smaller pieces using a pestle and mortar or bag and rolling pin.
- Spoon 4 tbsp. cashew cream on a plate followed by the roasted pears and topped off with a good sprinkling of the toasted nuts.