Homemade Ice-Cream Cones
Ice-cream cones made from wraps…yes you heard that right, how amazing! And what perfect weather for this delicious, simple recipe.
I always make nachos and pizzas from the BFree wraps but one day recently I was in a rush making my favourite chickpea scramble wrap and I placed my wrap in the oven to soften and totally forgot it was there. The side had curled up a little and by the time I remembered it was a lovely golden shade and had stiffened into almost a boat shape. I was a little hangry tbh, but also intrigued about shaping the wraps. I started experimenting with cones and after a few attempts I knew I needed something to secure them in the oven, hence the cocktail sticks…I tried tonnes of variations e.g. maple drizzled cones (which are yum) and spent time finding the best time to guarantee an evenly golden and crunchy cone. I really think I’ve done it and I can’t wait to see what you think of these easy homemade summer essentials!
This recipe is sponsored by BFree
Serves 12 cones
Cooks in 15 Minutes
- 4 BFree Multigrain Wraps
- 24 cocktail sticks (wooden tooth picks)
- 100g dark chocolate melted
Toppings; (fill a small ramekin/bowl with a topping to roll cone head)
- Hemp seeds
- Goji berries
- Bee pollen
- Cacao nibs
- Chopped nuts
- Chia seeds
- Toasted coconut
- Preheat oven to 180
- Heat the wraps gently in the microwave or oven until soft (approx. 30-40 seconds)
- Slice the wrap into three making a Y shape. 1 wrap should make 3 cones.
- Take each section and roll into a cone securing it at the top and bottom with a cocktail stick before placing it on a baking tray. Repeat until all the wrap sections are used.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes turn after 5 minutes until golden brown all over.
- Let cool fully to set and harden.
- To add toppings, tip the cone head in the bowl of melted chocolate and coat with your favourite toppings, finally dunk the tip of the cone in the melted chocolate and place on some parchment paper on a flat tray repeat using all the cones and set to the fridge until set.
- Once set, fill with your favourite ice-cream!