Flourless Dark Chocolate Cake
Take serious caution with this healthy flourless chocolate cake! It’s the kind of cake that you could manage to eat the entire thing yourself! This is the best indulgent healthy cake you will bake, it’s simply amazing. It’s also simple to bake and ingredients are all easy to find. This is definitely a show-stopping dessert if you have friends calling over.
If you try this cake, I want to see your pictures! Make sure to tag @naturalbornfeeder
Serves 1 Cake
Cooks in 45 Minutes
- 180g 70% Lindt chocolate
- 140g ground almond
- 4 eggs
- 3 tbsp. stevia or coconut sugar
- 4 level tbsp. almond butter
- 1 tbsp. cacao powder
- Pinch sea salt
- 80 ml coconut cream or creamed coconut
- 100g 70% dark chocolate
- Sprinkle cacao nibs
- Sprinkle bee pollen
- Preheat the oven to 160°C
- Using a stainless steal bowl over hot water ( bain-marie technique) melt the dark chocolate.
- While this is melted, add the ground almond, stevia and salt into a mixing bowl and combine.
- Once the chocolate is melted, spoon in the almond butter and stir the two together until smooth.
- Pour the chocolate and almond butter sauce into the ground almond mix along with the eggs. Using a fork, combine all the ingredients into a smooth thick batter.
- Pour the batter into a lined cake tin (6″ round tin spring frown is handy but should lift out perfectly once cooled).
- And bake for 35 minutes. Remove and let sit for 10 minutes before adding the ganache.
- For the ganache melt the dark chocolate and stir in the coconut cream, combine until there is no separation between the two and you have a thick smooth sauce. Spread over the cake and garnish as desired.
- Enjoy now or save it! It tastes even more amazing after letting it sit for a few hours.