Cauliflower Savoury Cakes with Diced Bacon
Growing up I was a massive fan of potato cakes, my aunt made the best when there was left over mash (which didn’t happen very frequently in our house – we love potatoes!). I wanted to recreate one of my favourite childhood recipes and this definitely passed the test from my family on a scale!
This savoury healthy pattie recipe is really easy to make and can be eaten for breakfast or dinner. The ingredients are minimal and can be picked up in your local supermarket.
Serves 6 Patties
Cooks in 45 Minutes
- 2 small florets or 1 large head of cauliflower- washed & cut into florets
- 6 tbsp. grated parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 6 tbsp. ground almond
- 3 tbsp. chopped chives
- 1 tsp. herbamare (herb and salt seasoning)
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 4 slices smoked bacon cut into pieces and cooked
- Preheat oven 200°C.
- Steam or roast the cauliflower and drain of any excess water (very important step).
In a food processor, add the cauliflower along with all the other ingredients and pulse into a smooth thick paste.
Spoon 2 tbsp pf mixture on to a lined baked tray and smooth out flat approx. 1 inch in height. Continue to make 6 patties.
Cook for 30-35 minutes until crispy around the edges and lightly golden.
Serve with grilled diced bacon and fresh chopped herbs.