Egg Tahini Mayo Lettuce Boats
Growing up my aunt used to make me the best egg sambos ever and they’re still something I massively crave. For this recipe I used Margaret’s Free-Range Omega 3 Enriched Eggs. I created a video for this recipe here to show you how to make the perfect hard-boiled eggs to nail this recipe. I love Margaret’s Eggs, to me they’re essential ingredients for well-being and they have a slightly stronger taste than other eggs.
I served my tahini egg mayo in lettuce cups, but I also love it on toasted sourdough or rye.
This is a sponsored post in collaboration with Margaret’s Eggs
Cooks in 15 Minutes
- 2 Margaret’s Free-Range Omega 3 Enriched Eggs
- 1.5 tbsp. tahini
- 1 tsp. Dijon
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. chives chopped
- ½ red onion diced finely
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 6 lettuce boats (buy a small gem head lettuce and peel off the largest leaves)
- Start by boiling the eggs in a small saucepan add some water and bring it to boil.
- Once boiling, add the egg and boil for 6-7 minutes until the eggs are hard boiled.
- Remove and place into a bowl of very cold water.
- To make the mayo – add the tahini, lemon, Dijon, apple cider vinegar and stir. Toss in the red onion and chives and stir again.
- De-shell the eggs and chop into chunks and stir the eggs into the tahini mayo.
- Spoon into your lettuce boats with a squeeze of lemon.