This recipe was by total accident I couldn’t believe they tasted so like the real thing! I had some oat flour in my press I had picked up in a supermarket so I decided to the flour instead of blending oats like I usually do. I have tried it both ways it does work well if you blend the pats yourself but you have to mill them for a while- I milled mine in the nutribullet for about two and a half minutes until it had turned pure white and very fine, its really important to let the milled oat flour cool fully as it will get warm in the blender and this will effect the next step of the recipe!
Cooks in 20 Minutes
- 120g Oat flour
- 3/4 tsp Baking soda
- 2tbsp, Coconut oil at room temp
- 1 Egg
- 2 tbsp. Stevia
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Place the oat flour and baking soda in a bowl, spoon in the coconut oil and with the tips of your finger rub to combine- you should have a breadcrumb like mix.
- Tip in the stevia and egg and using a spoon stir to combine into a dough.
- Prepare a clean surface for rolling.
- Sprinkle a little bit of extra oat flour on the board and roll out the dough about .5cm thick and using a cookie cutter shape 8 biscuits and place onto a lined baking tray.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Let cool before gently lifting off the tray & smoothing over with dark chocolate.
- AND HOW I GOT THE DIGESTIVE DESIGN? Using a fork gentle form lines downward and then across creating a check pattern