Creamy Broccoli Soup
Broccoli soup is so underrated. It’s a great winter warmer, packed full of veg, is easy to make and tastes delicious.
Cooks in 30 Minutes
• 1 tbsp. olive oil
• 1 onion peeled and diced
• 2 cloves of garlic peeled and crushed
• 1” ginger peeled and grated
• 1 tsp. ground nutmeg
• 1 medium sized head of broccoli washed and diced into florets
• 500ml veggie stock
• 1 tin butter beans rinsed well and drained
• Salt & pepper
• 2 tbsp. coconut cream (dollop for each bowl)
• 40g toasted flaked almonds
• In a large saucepan, add the oil and onion, over low-medium heat. Place the lid on and let the onion sweat for 5-6 minutes.
• Toss in the garlic, ginger nutmeg and cook for 1 minute.
• Add the broccoli, stock and bring to boil. Lower the heat to a steady simmer for 6-8 minutes until the broccoli is tender.
• Turn off the heat and stir in the beans. Let sit for 2-3 minutes.
• Blend until smooth.
• Season with salt and pepper.
• Stir in the coconut (really recommend adding for some lightness and sweetness) top with the toasted almonds.