Coronation Kefir Chicken
This easy healthy Coronation Kefir Chicken recipe is so simple to make. This dish is bursting with flavour. I serve mine with cauli rice for a quick dinner dish or with salad for a satisfying lunch. For those of you that are not sure what Kefir is. It is a fermented milk product (cow, goat or sheep milk) that’s similar in taste to yogurt (the consistency is like a drinkable yoghurt). I’m just home from a brilliant trip in Ibiza focused on gut health. While there, we ate lots of fermented foods and although I’ve educated myself a lot on gut health you can never stop learning. I learned lots of new facts and tips to help promote a healthy gut.
As I regularly include fermented foods into my diet, I decided to do some recipes using Lifeway Kefir. As a fermented milk, kefir, has lots of great benefits some being that contains high levels of vitamin B12, calcium, magnesium, vitamin K2, biotin, folate, enzymes and probiotics. My coronation kefir chicken recipe is just one way to introduce to kefir into your diet. I will have more easy recipes including kefir to follow so keep an eye out for them.
You can pick up Lifeway Kefir in SuperValu or Dunnes Stores. This is a sponsored post and part of a series of Kefir recipes.
Cooks in 30 Minutes
- 2 cooked chicken breasts shredded or diced
- 250m mango Lifeway kefir
- 1 tbsp. red curry paste or 2 tbsp. curry spice
- 2 tsp. wholegrain Mustard
- 40g golden raisins
- 50g toasted flaked almonds
- Juice ½ a lemon
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Fresh coriander to garnish
- Rice to serve
- In a bowl, combine the kefir, mustard, curry spice, lemon, salt and pepper. Heat over a medium heat and remove before it comes to boil.
- In a separate bowl combine the chicken, raisins and flaked almond.
- Drizzle over the mango curry sauce and combine well.
- Serve with some steamed rice and garnish with fresh coriander.