Coconut Trek Bars
Need a quick and simple lunch box filler for the 3pm slump? Or a new post workout snack? These Coconut Trek Bars are just what you need. Easy to make, only a few tasty ingredients and perfect for meal prep. If you’ve every tried Trek bars these taste just like them but even nicer. Let me know if you try them out.
Cooks in 30 Minutes
- 400g Oats
- 150g Desiccated coconut
- 50g Buckwheat groats (optional for crunch)
- 10 tbsp. Coconut oil
- 340g Honey/Maple Syrup
- 100g Vanilla Protein Powder
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 tsp. Vanilla essence
- 250g Dark chocolate (I used Dr.Coys coconut bars (7 x35g bars))
- Place the oats, desiccated coconut and buckwheat groats on a flat tray and toast in the oven for 15 minutes until lightly golden (toss after 7 minutes to evenly toast).
- Tip into a large mixing bowl once toasted and stir in the protein powder.
- In a saucepan combine the coconut oil, honey (or maple) over medium heat and melt.
- Stir in the salt and vanilla essence.
- Once melted, pour over the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl and combine them all together ensuring all the oats are covered in the coconut and honey sauce.
Spoon the mix onto a lined (line with some parchment paper) brownie tin (or a 3 bread tins will work too) and press down to even out the top.
- Pour over the melted chocolate and spread to fully cover.
- Place in the freezer for 30 minutes. Remove and wait 10 minutes before slicing (so the chocolate topping doesn’t crack when you slice!).
- Store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. It also can be stored in the freezer.