Chocolate Caramel & Pecan Cups
These are little bites of heaven. Caramel, chocolate and pecans – that’s all I need to say!
Serves 10 cups
Cooks in 30 Minutes
- 4 tbsp. Coconut flour
- 2 tbsp. Cacao powder
- 1 tbsp. Coconut oil
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- pinch Sea salt
- 5 tbsp. Cashew butter (smooth)
- 3 tbsp. Maple syrup
- 3 tbsp. Coconut oil – melted
- 10 pecans toasted lightly (instructions below)
- 60g dark/ vegan chocolate for melted for a garnish
- Prepare a bun tin with a little oil (coconut oil or oil of preference)
- Start by making your pastry cups. In a medium sized mixing bowl combine the coconut flour, cacao powder and stir. Add in the maple and coconut oil and sea salt, using your hands combine the ingredients into a dough.
- Divide into 10 balls.
- Take each ball and press down into a cup mould and using your fingers press to create a smooth even cup- repeat for all ten cups.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Leave to one side to cool fully before gently lifting them out (I use a tooth pick skewer here to create a little gap so they fall out easily).
- While the cups are, cooling combine the cashew, coconut oil and maple.
- For toasting the pecans- spread evenly on a flat tray and toast in the preheated oven for 12 -15 minutes tossing half way through, or simple place on a dry (no oil) hot skillet and toast for 2-3 minutes tossing to ensure even colouring.
- Once the cups are cool, spoon 1 tbsp. of filling into each (they’re will be a small portion of filling left and divvy that each among the cups!
- Top with the toasted pecan and a drizzle of dark chocolate.