Coconut Raisin Bread
I have made a few variations of this classic simple loaf bread, its a great alternative to regular bread if your seeking a low carb- high fat recipe. Its the perfect breakfast, toasted with some coconut oil, cacao butter, homemade raspberry chia jam, banana or nut butter! Feel free to replace the coconut oil for grass fed butter which works well also and if raisins aren’t your thing try chopped dates, apricots or soaked goji berries!
Cooks in Minutes
- 1 .1/2 cup almonds
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/4 cup flaxseeds whole
- 1.1/2 tsp baking powder
- 5 eggs
- 4 level tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Place the almonds and flaxseed into a food processor and blend into a flour consistency.
- Add in the coconut flour and baking powder and stir.
- Melt the coconut oil and whisk into the eggs and vinegar.
- Add the wet and dry ingredients together, this should create a smooth thick batter.
- Mix in the raisins, and spoon into a lined baking tin.
- Bake for 50 -55 minutes, check with a knife or skewer if cooked through.