Coconut Caramel Half Moons
Caramel, coconut and chocolate – you really can’t go wrong. You will adore these little bites! Bite-sized healthy sweet treats are always a hit and they are even better when there is no baking required (just some patience to let them set!). I’ve kept the ingredients really simple and items you can pick up in your local supermarket.
Cooks in 60+ Minutes
- 200g desiccated coconut
- 1 tbsp. maple
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 12 soft dates (soaked in boiling water for 30 minutes)
- 3 tbsp. peanut butter or almond/cashew
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 tbsp. nut milk (almond milk)
- pinch sea salt
- 70g dark chocolate melted
- Extra desiccated coconut for garnish
- In a food processor blend the desiccated coconut until smooth, add in the coconut oil and maple and blend once more until a smooth paste is formed.You may need to scrap down the sides of the food processor a few times to achieve this – patience:)
- Press this mix into a muffin tin about 1.5 ” in height.
- Place in the freezer while you make the caramel topping.
- In a food processor add the drained dates (after soaking), along with the rest of the caramel ingredients and blend until smooth with no trace of dates.
- Spoon this mix over the coconut layer and smooth over the top to make it even.
- Place back in the freezer for 2-3 hours until they are completely hard, once rock solid using a sharp knife cut each “cookie” in half.
- Dip each piece half way into the melted chocolate and sprinkle with some coconut.
- Place back in the freezer and keep stored in the freezer for up to 12 days.