Chocolate Hazelnut Bread with White Chocolate Chunks
This recipe has over 2,000 saves on my Instagram…it’s INSANE! Delicious hazelnut flavoured bread with melted chocolate chunks throughout and a chewy nutty topping, I’m drooling just thinking about it.
Serves 1 loaf
Cooks in 45+ Minutes
- 300g hazelnuts
- 4 eggs
- 4 tbsp. honey or maple
- 4 tbsp. cacao powder
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract or essence
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 60g white chocolate broken into chunks
- 60g dark or milk chocolate broken into chunks
- 30g chopped hazelnuts
- 20g chocolate chunks (extra)
- Preheat oven to 180•C.
- Mill the hazelnuts in a Nutri Bullet or blender until same texture as you would buy ground almonds (hand blender may not work here just FYI).
- Melt coconut oil in a bowl.
- Combine the eggs, milled hazelnuts, baking powder, vanilla, honey, cacao powder and melted coconut oil using a fork into a smooth batter.
- Stir in the chocolate chunks.
- Pour into a lined bread tin – sprinkle over the chopped hazelnuts and extra chocolate.
- Bake for 45 mins. Leave to cool for at least an hour. It’ll still be warm don’t worry just won’t crumble.
- Keep in an airtight container once cooled fully for up to 5 days (but it mostly won’t last that long once you taste hoe good it is!).