Chicken and Mango Spring Rolls with Spicy Peanut Butter Dip
A perfect light and refreshing meal, simple to make up… although rolling rice paper is a skill, it improves with practice! I’m a huge peanut butter lover, the mango and peanut really compliment each other here with a nice crunch from the raw vegetables! This is surprisingly filling thanks to the chicken, but acts perfectly as a starter or as a canapé. Rice paper can be found in all asian supermarkets, some specialised stores, fruit and vegetable grocers & some health food stores at a very good prices, there is usually about 100 papers for under 4 euro.
Serves 10 rolls
Cooks in Minutes
- 1 pack Greene farms torn chicken
- 1/2 large mango cut into match sticks
- 1 large carrot peeled and cut into match sticks
- 1 celery stick washed and cut into matchsticks
- 1/4 cucumber cut into match sticks.
- 10 rice paper sheets
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1/2 tbsp tamari
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- tsp chilli flakes
- 1/2 tbsp raw honey
- 1/2” piece ginger grated
- 1/2 juice of a lime
- Heat some water and place into a shallow bowl (large enough to fit in a rice sheet), Soak 1 rice paper at a time until soft & translucent (usually 1-2 minutes).
- Lay out the rice on a clean work surface and place 2 pieces of each veggie/fruit stick to one edge, along with a small amount of chicken . Roll the rice paper up tucking in the sides to create a secure cylinder shape.
- Repeat this process.
- In a cup or glass, using a fork whisk together the dip ingredients until there is no separation.
- Serve alongside one another and dip in the rice rolls for a test bud experience!