Who else prep their smoothie bags for the week ahead? Well, if you don’t you need to start, meal prep doesn’t have to be done all at once and just a little bit of prep is sometimes all you need to make the week an easy, nutritious one!
I prep my cauli smoothie bags all in one day- simply steam 1-2 heads of cauliflower just until tender. Leave them cool before dividing them up into zip lock bags and popping them into the freezer (at least 12 hours before using) and they last the week ahead to make a delicious creamy smoothie. It’s a nice change up to frozen banana smoothies (which I still love btw!). There are tonnes more smoothie recipes and cauliflower creations over on my Instagram page! Smoothies really are the perfect way to pack in a bunch of nutrients on the go, even during these cold mornings:)
Cooks in 10 Minutes
- 1/2 head cauliflower steamed and frozen
- 150g frozen berries (love blueberries here)
- 250ml unsweetened almond milk
- 1 scoop protein (I used Form Nutrition -Performance Protein (chocolate peanut flavour))
- pinch of sea salt
- and Mint!
- Simply blend until smooth in a blender and sprinkle over your toppings!