Butternut Squash Carbonara
This healthy butternut squash carbonara is a warming evening meal packed full of vegetables but tastes so good and like something a little more sinful. The squash carbonara sauce is silky smooth and cheesy making it the perfect replacement for a traditional carbonara sauce. I have been making the squash sauce in larger batches, not only using for spiralled veg but served with chicken and fish as it really adds plenty of flavour. Keep the sauce stored in a glass lined jar in the refrigerator for up to 4-5 days.
Tip: If storing in the sauce in the fridge, add an extra little bit of milk when you go to use after a few days.
Cooks in 45 Minutes
- 2 large yellow courgette or green spiralised
- 1/4 large butternut squash with skin removed
- 1/3 can coconut milk
- 3 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- Cherry tomatoes
- Black olives
- Start by steaming or roasting the butternut squash until tender.
- In a nutribullet or food processor, blend the roasted or steamed butternut squash along with the coconut milk and nutritional yeast until smooth.
- Steam the spiralled courgette for 3-5 minutes until wilted and soft, remove and drain of any excess water.
- Stir in the pumpkin sauce and serve along side your favourite stir ins.