Buckwheat Energy Bars
These are little beauties and are sure to get you through the January blues, at least definitely curb some of those cravings from the new years diets.
If you are someone who likes snaking or need a quick breakfast on the go, these are perfect, there’s not much prep time and no cooking involved, they also last 7 days if refrigerated.
Cooks in Minutes
- 3/4 cup buckwheat groats
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1 cup pitted soft dates medjool/deglet nour
- 1/2 dried cranberries
- 3 tbsp milled flaxseed
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 11/2 tbsp cacao powder
- Toast the almonds pecans and 1/4 cup of the buckwheat groats for 11 minutes in a preheated oven at 190ºC
- In a food processor blend all the ingredients except the 1/4 cup of toasted buckwheat.
- Once the mixture is almost smooth (leave a little bit of crunch) (2-5 minutes depending on the power of your food processor), Stir in the toasted buckwheat.
- Press the mixture firmly down into a baking tin, and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or place in the freezer for 20-25 minutes.