Apple, Cinnamon& Walnut Scones
I can never get enough of healthy scones, the perfect breakfast or snack on the go. They also make you feel satisfied which many healthy snacks lack. These can be eaten alone, without any spreads or jams as they have a lot going on with the natural sweetness from the apple and a little bit of bite from the walnuts. I substituted pear one of the days and it was equally as nice so I would recommend trying that also!
Cooks in Minutes
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 2 1/2 cups almonds ground
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 tbsp honey *depending how sweet you like it
- 1.1/2 tbsp grass – fed butter or coconut oil
- 6 tbsp milk – I used rice milk
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 apple-1/2 grated & halved chopped into small chunks
- Handful of walnuts broken into pieces
- Capful of almond essence
- Preheat oven to 190ºC – IMPORTANT.
- Stir together the ground almond, coconut flour, baking powder and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl using a fork whisk the eggs, honey,essence, melted butter or oil.
- Combine the wet and dry mixtures forming a slightly crumbly dough.
- Add in the rice milk or other non dairy milk, this should form a dough, not too wet or dry.
- Using your hands mix in the walnuts and apple.
- Taking sections, press the dough down to about 2″ and mold into your preferred shape.
- Place on a lined tray and bake for 26 minutes cover after the first 15 minutes with tinfoil to avoid the tops looking over done.