Almond Butter Protein Cups
I shared this recipe on Instagram and it was a big hit so felt it was only right to share here too!
Share this recipe with someone who loves nut butter and is looking for a protein snack #naturalbornfeeder
Serves 10 cups
Cooks in 20 Minutes
- 80g protein (vanilla best here) you can weigh this by seeing how much your scoop holds, on back of pack e.g. my scoop gave a 20g portion so I used 4 scoops.
- 8 level tbsp. almond butter
- 4 tbsp. maple or honey
- 300g dark chocolate
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- Prepare cupcake cases or silicone molds (if you’re using cupcake cases have them in a tin or on something flat to avoid them losing shape or spilling)
- Melt the chocolate over low heat, stir in the coconut oil until melted fully.
- Use 1 tbsp of melted chocolate to fill each paper case or cupcake mold and set to the freezer to harden.
- In a bowl combine the protein, almond butter and honey/ maple into a dough. It should be wet enough to stick together but not dry enough that it falls apart if you try to roll sections (if it’s too dry which can depend on what protein powder you use e.g. whey can be more “powdery”, just add a little more maple/ honey or nut butter). Roll the mix into roughly 10 even balls and slightly press into thick small cookies (it’ll be a tad stick but don’t worry).
- Place a little “ cookie” on top of each of the hardened chocolate and spoon over the rest of the melted chocolate (evenly among the 10).
- Pop back in the freezer to set. Keep stores in the fridge once set for up to 2 weeks.