Craving something light and healthy yet packed with flavour? These simple Spicy Tuna Burgers will satisfy your craving. I used tinned tuna so this recipe could not get any easier. You can also pre make them and they taste just as good heated up.
- 6 x 92g tins of tuna drained of oil/brine
- 1/2 red onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tbsp. chilli flakes
- 3 tbsp. fresh corianderDF
- 1 tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. tamari or soy amino
- 1 egg
- 4 tbsp. ground almond
- 1.5 tbsp. tahini
- 1/2 juice of a lime
- 1 tsp. tamari
- 1.5 tbsp. maple or honey
- 1 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 tsp. hot sauce
- Preheat oven 200°C
- In a food processor or nutribullet blitz up the onion, garlic, sesame oil,coriander and tamari into a paste.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl add the drained tuna, stir in the chilli flakes, ginger, ground almond, egg and homemade paste.
- Once this is combined really well, let the mix stand in the fridge for 30 minutes.( it still works if you skip this step they are just a little easier the old after being chilled).
- Take sections and using your hands make patties/burgers.
- Place on a lined baking tray and bake for 25 minutes.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes before serving. ( they also develop a nice crispy out crust during this time).
- For Sauce, combine and ingredients together into a smooth & creamy dip.