Let’s be honest, chicken can get boring particularly if you’re in that meal prep life, so keeping your recipes versatile is so important to make sure you’re enjoying your meals and left feeling satisfied. I love this simple chicken recipe, I make a tray as prep served with stir fried greens, rice or cold tossed in a salad. When shredded off the bone its also a really delicious snack (if you’re into that kind of savoury snacking). If you’re not a fan of peanut butter you can switch this up for cashew, almond and even sunflower seed butter!
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 red chillies
- 2 tbsp tamari sauce or soya
- Juice of 2 limes
- zest of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp honey or maple
- 3 tbsp peanut butter
- 4 chicken legs
- Preheat your oven 200°C
- In a blender combine all the ingredients except the chicken legs into a smooth liquid.
- Place the chicken legs in a large zip lock bag and pour in the marinade zipping the bag closed before squeezing and pressing around the mix to cover the legs.
- Leave sit overnight or in the fridge a few hours before baking.
- Prepare a lined baking tray and tip out the chicken legs, using a spoon scrape out all excess marinade to drizzle over the chicken.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes (depending on the size of the chicken legs) until browned on the edges and cooked through.