An easy lunch option or quick dinner fix, bulgur is the top grain for effortless meals! Bulgur with its easy cooking method, nutty and filling nature is the perfect base for salads. What I concentrated on mostly here was textures, the soft creaminess forms the avocado to the sharp crunch from the brazil nuts. The beef is a nice change to this type of plate, it adds a more satisfying meal and gives a nice kick, just what we need for the colder days! If you are packing this for a lunch option, bring the dressing separately in a small glass jar, giving it a good shake before drizzling over!
- 90g Bulgur wheat
- 1 pack Greene Farms Torn Beef fajita
- 1 Avocado cubed
- 30g Brazil nuts
- 1 large Carrot grated and cubed (1cm)
- 8 Mint leaves roughly torn.
- ½ “ Ginger grated
- 1 red chili diced finely
- tbsp. Honey
- tbsp. Balsamic
- 1 ½ tbsp. soya
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- Place the Bulgur in a bowl and pour in enough boiling water to just cover the top, place a lid over or a plate to keep the heat in.
- Leave to sit for 20 minutes.
- Place the brazil nuts on a baking tray or oven proof dish and toast for 11 minutes at 200°C, until lightly browned. Dice in half.
- Once the bulgur is ready, it should have absorbed the water, there should be no excess water, using a fork fluff it up and combine it with the rest of the ‘plate’ ingredients.
- For the Dressing simple mix all the ingredients in a bowl and drizzle over the bulgur.