The best whey to start the day? Protein pancakes of course! Taking over our Instagram feeds nothing makes us salivate and have major food envy like a pretty little pancake stack! I am very careful when it comes to my protein choices, whether its whey or vegan protein I like to know that I am getting the best mix of quality, taste and importantly, not full of hidden sweeteners! The protein I have listed below is one of the highest quality proteins I have discovered as it’s sweetened naturally with stevia and is aspartame free. It’s also gluten free and most importantly; the whey is derived from the milk of grass fed, free-range cows. It is also a 100% Irish Made product and I love that.
Cooks in Minutes
- 80g Oats GF or regular
- 28g (one scoop) of Diamond Slim Lite Smoothie; Vanilla-Cinnamon Protein click here
- 3 eggs
- 60g Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp. crunch peanut butter or almond
- *Coconut oil for frying
- 1 brambly apple- chopped into 1.5″ cubes
- 1tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- 1 tbsp. peanut butter
- ½ tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 tsp. honey
- Pinch sea salt
- Berry mixture – raspberries, blackberries, red currants
- Natural yoghurt
- Irish honey/maple syrup
- First step is to place the oats into a food processor or nutri-bullet and blend into a fine flour.
- Place in a bowl, along with the Slim Lite Smoothie Vanilla-Cinnamon Protein and with the rest of the pancake ingredients, and using a fork whisk into a smooth batter.
- Prepare a non-stick frying pan on high heat. Place a small amount of coconut oil before pouring the first section of batter in (approx.3 tbsp.)
- Lower the heat to medium and cook on ether side for 2 minutes until lightly golden on each side. Repeat this process until all the batter is used.
- For the apple topping, heat a pan over medium heat adding in the coconut oil, once melted toss in the apple chunks and lightly brown -stirring to ensure each side gets a nice golden glow, this should take 2-3 minutes. Stir in the cinnamon and for the final minute of cooking lower the heat to very low.
- For the Sauce, melt the coconut oil, peanut butter and honey in a bowl or saucepan over low heat and stir to combine well.
- Layer the pancakes one on top of each other, sprinkling with the apple chunks and a drizzle of peanut butter sauce.
And don’t forget to take a snap and tag @naturalbornfeeder.
For anyone wondering, I picked up this protein from @PLATINUMANDDIAMOND in Galway!