Pizza for life – I love making pizza, I have so many different bases to suit your mood and this one is for when you need a quick fix using everyday ingredients. This base is made using eggs – natures ultimate fast food. As you may have seen on my previous recipe for my Egg White Minute Muffins, I have teamed up with Margaret’s Eggs to showcase some easy tasty egg recipes. I visited Margaret’s farm in Cavan and learned all about free-range farming and the importance of reading those labels correctly to know what you’re buying and eating.
This pizza base is for those who love a bit of a thicker base with a super crunchy crust. I’ve listed below my suggested toppings but make this pizza your own by adding your favourites.
This is a sponsored post. Margaret’s Free-Range Eggs are available in Tesco, Dunnes Stores and Supervalu.
- 100g oats
- 2 eggs (I used Margaret’s free-range eggs)
- 1 tbsp. turmeric
- 1 tbsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tbsp. unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
My topping favourites:
- 4 tbsp. pesto
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- Handful leafy greens
- Handful olive diced (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200°C
- In a blender blitz the oats into a flour, tip the oat flour into a bowl.
- Add the baking soda, herbs, spices, 1 egg, apple cider vinegar and almond milk and combine into a dough.
- The dough will be a vibrant yellow!
- Prepare a baking tray and drizzle with some olive oil, press down the dough on the tray and spread out using your fingers into a pizza (approx. 75-1cm in height). Drizzle the rest of the olive oil over the top and place in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove and spread over half of the pesto and crack and egg in the middle.
- Place it back in the oven for 6-7 minutes until the egg on top is cooked (but the yolk is still runny).
- Remove from the oven and top off with the rest of your toppings like leafy greens, tomatoes, the rest of the pesto and dig in!