These healthy breakfast muffins are deliciously sweet and full of lots of wholesome ingredients to get your day started. These are moist, chewy, and not overly dense. What I love about these muffins is that you customise the ingredients to suit your preference, add nuts, dried fruit or whatever you fancy.
- 250g spelt
- 6 eggs
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil (melted)
- 1 large carrot (peeled and grated)
- 1 large apple (grated)
- 50g oats
- Handful seeds to garnish
- Preheat the oven at 200°C.
- Add spelt, eggs, banana, eggs, honey and coconut oil into a bowl and combine into a thick batter.
- Stir in the grated carrot, apple and oats.
- Spoon in 1.5 tbsp. of batter into each muffin case.
- Sprinkle the tops with seeds
- Bake for 25 minutes at 200°C.